[mythtv-users] Missing recordings Update

Rob Rogers rob at wizardstower.net
Mon May 19 14:45:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 10:21:40AM -0700, Allen T. Gilliland IV wrote:
> I don't think that this is the problem.  In my
> experience when mythtv is set to record during a
> certain time period, then it will start recording at
> the start time or as soon after as possible.
>
> i.e.  if you record show X from 10:30 - 11:00 and show
> Y from 11:00 - 11:30 with a "record past ending" value
> of 2:00 then show Y will essentially record from 11:02
> - 11:30.

Actually, in that situation, it will ignore the "record past ending"
value, and start recording the second show right at 11:00.

> to make it even more simple.  a recording isn't missed
> if it can't start right at the begin time.  I've done
> hundreds of recordings like this and never missed a
> single one.

I've actually started the backend 15 minutes after a show was supposed
to start recording, and it started the record automatically. Which
reminds me of the one thing I'd like to see work differently. Myth adds
a program to the database as being recorded as soon as it starts
recording instead of when it ends. In cases like this where I don't get
a whole show, or if the backend dies, that show is marked as recorded,
and until I remove it from the DB, it will never record that episode
again. (which in my opinion is the wrong behavior. It never completed
the episode, so it should still be recorded at a later date)

Rob