[mythtv-users] FAST tv Guide grabber (dutch)

Rob ter Veer r.terveer at chello.nl
Sun May 18 21:23:36 EDT 2003

While in search for an alternative for the bulky and sloooow perl xmltv
grabber I stumbled upon this dutch tv-guide grabber, originaly for the
Xbox:

http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xbplayer/tvgids-nl_11.rar

It's written in TCL and grabs the tvgids.nl tvuide with description and
categories about (minimal) 5 times faster than the xmltv grabber and is
only dependant on the TCL package. Only problem is that the generated
xml is not fully compliant with mythtv and my TCL skills are poor. What
I did find out is that it's probably the header that screws things up.

Maybe someone could rewrite this TCL script for compatibility with myth?