[mythtv-users] nuv file not found; slow recordings list

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sun May 18 13:50:24 EDT 2003

I can't play an increasing number of recordings. When I select them
under Watch Recordings and hit Space, nothing happens. No output on the
console and no change in the UI and no console output on the server, not
even in verbose mode. After a long time (about 10 minutes), the frontend
says e.g.

Error: myth://192.168.1.2/9_20030516221500_20030517012500.nuv file not found

However, the file *is* there on the server in the usual recording dir. I
can play about half of the recordings, so it's not a general problem
either (misconfigured dir etc.). I even downloaded the file to the
frontend machine and placed it in the exact same location as on the
server, because I thought the NFS magic of the frontend would let it
then play the file locally and find and least that, but not even that
was found. I haven't seen a pattern which recordings play and which don't.
If I use the CVS version from Apr 21 (?), that just crashes with the
following output:
Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
Over/underscanning. V: 0.000000, H: 0.000000, XOff: 0, YOff: 0
Found 2 Xinerama Screens.
Using screen 1, 800x600+0+0
Using XV port 75
Unknown tag in textarea: value

Also, in recent CVS, navigating the list of recordings is very slow.
After I invoke Watch Recordings, the CPU is 100% busy for about 10
seconds after the list of recordings displayed but before the details of
the selected recording display. After that, I can then navigate
moderately quickly for a few entries, after which the CPU is busy again
for 5-10 seconds. I have quite long descriptions (several paragraphs
usually) for the programmes, in case that's relevant. CVS from Apr 21
(?) works just fine, it's snappy as expected.