[mythtv-users] building / installing mythfrontend only?

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Fri May 16 22:01:46 EDT 2003

Ok, so I have a combined frontend / backend box. I built it on RH 7.3. I
also have a laptop with RH 7.3 and I'm thinking it would be nice to have
a mythfrontend installed there. Do I have to go through the whole
stinking build process (installing mysql, xmltv, etc.)? Or can I somehow
grab up what I've built on the set top box and copy / install it onto
the laptop? If so, does anyone know how?

The laptop has Xv support and is running alsa for sound so it should
have the basics covered.

...Kevin