[mythtv-users] rear speakers not working, maybe Alsa OSS problems

Scott Beck sbeck at gossamer-threads.com
Fri May 16 16:16:04 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I just recently got a new set of speakers:
	http://www.ncix.com/productdetail.php?sku=6934

I got them hooked up ok and everything seems to work fine. I can hear
all four speakers in xmms, but not in myth. I'm using alsa with the alsa
driver snd-cs46xx.

The way I understand myth is it uses /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer to speak to
the soundcard which is the Alsa OSS compatibility layer in my setup.
Could this be a problem with the driver not working properly with this
layer? The reason, I assume, it works with xmms is xmms uses alsa
directly. Any thoughts?

btw, my soundcard is the Herceles Game Theater and I am using mythtv
from cvs updated as of yesterday.

Cheers,

Scott

--