[mythtv-users] Fanless HW for MythTV?

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Fri May 16 15:58:01 EDT 2003

> I'd think you would have more success getting a quiet, fanless living
> room PC with a split backend/frontend. Put the giant hard drives and
> fans in the closet, and a little Via C3 with no hard drive (boot from CD
> ... Knoppix might work well) out there.
>
> With my current setup, I'm already considering taking the hard drive out
> of my frontend box. That would leave only the PSU and CPU fan, neither
> of which I can hear from the couch. ;)

I have just written an article about running an Via EPIA M diskless and
booting over the net.  If you are interested, it is here:

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=281

*disclaimer* I don't quite have MythFrontend running on this configuration
yet, but I am almost there (mythfrontend runs, but can't actually play TV
yet).

Larry