[mythtv-users] OSD/database problem

Alexander Lerman ablerman at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 14:49:12 EDT 2003

I am running redhat 9, I believe that the themes are
properly installed. It looks like the database was not
populated properly. What is supposed to be in the
setting s table?? I think there should be some path
information about the themes, there is not.
I saw the suggestion regarding rh8.0, I didn't find
any "strip" lines in the makefile for the themes.
Any other guesses??
-alex

 my first guess is the theme was not correctly
installed, or the
directory has the wrong permissions. If you go to the
specified
directory is the theme actaully installed? If you are
running RH8 there
is a special hoop you have to jump through to get the
themes installed:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html#ss5.4

best,

Cedar

Alexander Lerman wrote:

> I have installed Version 0.8 from the website.
> Eveything goes fine until I start mythtv. When it
> starts it spits out:

> Couldn't load osdtheme: at
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes//
> Unable to find font:
> No OSD will be displayed.
>
> I looked in the database to see where it should be
> looking and didn't see anything theme related in the
> settings table.
> my assumption is that there are missing entries in
the