[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Best video capture resolution for outputto TV?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri May 16 16:15:06 EDT 2003

This is assuming the quality of the analog data is perfect.  At some point,
the quality of your capture will either (a) contain more precision than is
necessary to 100% faithfully represent the original image (due to signal
noise, quality of the videotape at the transmitting end, etc), and/or (b)
exceed the ability of the TV to represent the full quality of the output
captured image.  If I'm not mistaken, TV's also display pixels, although
they're not perfectly round like a CRT's.  So there's really no point in
capturing more pixels across than your TV can show.

Again, what's the good in having a full-DVD resolution representation of a
grainy image?

Just my $.02

-JAC