[mythtv-users] EPG Scrolling slow

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 16 02:54:33 EDT 2003

At 12:22 AM 5/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Might want to try a different color blending method -- go into
>TV->Setup->Program Guide, and play around with the 'Guide Shading Method'
>setting.  The default (Colorized alpha) is pretty slow if you don't have a
>video card that does accellerated RENDER stuff.  Won't look as nice, but if
>you're displaying on a TV, you shouldn't notice a difference.

This did make a definite difference in response time.  Thanks.  I'm also
researching how to optimize my card so I can have full video effects turned
on without latency... that card should be able to do it.  Gefroce2 MX 64MB.

I should mention to, I am running .9 from the CVS as of a day ago and when
I am watching a recording and hit ESC to exit back to the recordings menu
sometimes the screen doesnt redraw properly and I have to ESC again to the
main menu and go back in for a redraw.  Dont know if this is my setup or a bug.

> > The other thing I noticed with it is that when I am scrolling through the
> > EPG and I have live TV in the corner window of the screen, as I scrool down
> > the audio and sometimes the video to, seems to skip or hiccup for a
> > second.  Is this normal?
>
>Same issue as above, I'd think.

The above fix reduced but did not totally eliminate the problem.

-Jeff