[mythtv-users] Installation database problems

Pete Hartman mythtv at elmegil.net
Thu May 15 21:52:48 EDT 2003

At 07:18 PM 5/14/03 +0200, Marc Kessels wrote:
>seems that you have not installed the database yet. did you execute this
>(taken from installation manual):
>6.4 Setting up the initial database.
>This step is only required on the system maintaining the database, which
>may or may not be one of your MythTV boxes. If the database is on a
>non-MythTV machine, then copy the database/mc.sql file to it.
>To setup the initial mysql databases:
>$ cd database
>$ mysql -u root < mc.sql

I just installed on RedHat 9 using RPMs (probably different ones?  thought
I think they may have been from sweden...)

The setup file was in /usr/share/docs/mythtv/, I think it was under the
database subdirectory there.  I ran the command as root.  I don't remember
now whether I had to set a root password etc before that.

If the person with the original problem wants to contact me off-list, feel
free, I do a lot of MySQL stuff.  I may not know it all off the top of my
head, but I've got the references handy and would be glad to try to help.