[mythtv-users] Selecting a Video Output Driver

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Thu May 15 19:01:29 EDT 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>You could run mythfrontend with the environment variable "NO_XV" set.  This
>will cause it to fall back to using MIT-Shm, which is slower.  There is
>currently no support (AFAIK) for direct framebuffer, SDL, OpenGL or any
>other output.
>
>-JAC

yeah, unfortunately, the NO_XV option is pretty slow and unusable...   I
guess I'll just have to try and figure out my XV problem, although I
wonder if I'll ever figure it out -- I have no clue what is even causing
the problem.  As soon as I get a digital camera I'll take a picture of
my monitor (an old-fashioned "screen-shot") so I can show everyone
exactly what I'm talking about.