[mythtv-users] Scan Converters vs Video Card TV out, whats better?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu May 15 13:46:02 EDT 2003

I have a LeadTek-branded GeForce4 MX 420 (or 440?) in my frontend; no big
complaints.  It would be nice if I could dynamically adjust the overscan
with nvtv; the latest Nvidia binary drivers support tweaking it in the
XF86Config (I have yet to try them), but that seems a bit tedious -- every
time I want to play with overscan/underscan I have to restart X??!!

Other than that, I've been using it for about 6 months, and the TV-out is
just fine.

-JAC