[mythtv-users] Wireless

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Thu May 15 10:53:32 EDT 2003

I'm running video over wireless for my laptop. I don't have a TV in the
bedroom so I've taken to using myth. Granted I have a pretty strong
backend box and I'm doing MPEG4 compression. I think that's the key. I
have it around 3mbps MPEG4 at 480x480. It works great. The picture
quality could be better, but it suits my needs just fine. If you want to
use rtjpeg or need to due to a slower frontend box, wireless probably
isn't a real option. I get some definite choppiness with rtjpeg, however
my cpu usage is down around 30% even when displaying video at the same
time. Hope this helps.

Jason Schloer