[mythtv-users] MythMusic problems

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Thu May 15 06:24:18 EDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 12:26 am, Jeremy Green wrote:
> So, even when it is behaving normally and playing fine it is using 82
> megs of ram.  It seems like there must be a memory leak somewhere that
> is making it hog up all the memory until it starts thrashing and dies.
>
> It never happens in the middle of a song.  Only when starting a new
> song.
>
> Here's the whole backtrace:

	This looks very much like a Redhat 8.x problem. As far as I understand what
you're experiencing, you have a RH 8.x OS which is complaining about memory
loss. This is probably a threads vs. Redhat 8.x exception. The pthread
library (which is the core of the Qt library) is only a few ***years*** old.

	Redhat blows serious fu*kin* chunks.

	They are the worst distribution to have ever come down the Linux pipe.
Mythmusic assumes that threads work correctly. Try going to 9.0. If that
doesn't clean things up, think about going to a distribution that understands
interface-level dependencies. If you can't do that, write a letter to the
fuckers that got $65 dollars from you last purchase of GPL code.

- thor