[mythtv-users] Re: RH9, Myth .8 compile issues

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu May 15 10:52:20 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:31:02PM -0300, Jeff C wrote:
> At 05:26 PM 5/14/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >>         Doesn't RedHat 9 come with Qt 3.1?  Anyway, did you build Qt
> >> with threads?  Don't forget to build it with mysql support, too:
> >
> >qt-3.1.1-6
> >
> >so I guess there's nothing wrong with compiling a new version.
>
> Well it looks like I've made a bit of a mess.  I think I'd rather just
> reinstall and install ALL the components of RH9 - bring it totally up to
> date, and try the CVS release again.  If I do this, are there other third
> party packages I need, other than LAME and XMLTV, to get it going?

The direct requirements are
# rpm -qR mythtv-frontend mythtv-backend|sort -u|xargs rpm -q --whatprovides|sort -u|grep -v 'no package provides'
bash-2.05b-23
freetype-2.1.2-7
glibc-2.3.2-4.80.6
lame-3.93.1-fr1
libgcc-3.2-7
libmyth-0.8-0_12at
libmyth-devel-0.8-0_12at
libstdc++-3.2-7
mythtv-0.8-0_12at
mythtv-backend-0.8-0_12at
mythtv-frontend-0.8-0_12at
qt-3.0.5-17
XFree86-libs-4.2.0-72
xmltv-0.5.10-0_19at

But xmltv has tons of perl requirements. Therefore:

<advertising>
o Get lame from freshrpm.net and mythtv/xmltv+dependecies from
  atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de, or much better:
o Get all dependencies in one sweep by installing atrpms-kickstart and run
	apt-get update
	apt-get dist-upgrade # You want your system uptodate.
	apt-get install mythtv-frontend mythtv-backend # no need to specify dependecies.
	apt-get install synaptic; synaptic # optional, but nice ;)
</advertizing>
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de