[mythtv-users] Wireless

William Preston bpreston at networkusa.net
Wed May 14 21:42:47 EDT 2003

Yeah, FWIW I got a 54G wireless card and a base station (Broadcom chipset
in the client, dunno about the base station (Belkin)), and get anywhere
from 2MB->3MB/s transfer rates on average.  In my experience that's about
five or six times what a 802.11b setup will get you.

I'm not sure how myth streams its packets, but latency may be the thing
that kills you.  Wireless networks tend to have semi-random latency
problems (in my experience), so even if the bandwidth is there it might
not be enough.

The wife is just going to have to compromise--if she can take a PC sitting
in the living room, she can tolerate a tiny little cat5 cable :)