[mythtv-users] RH9, Myth .8 compile issues

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Wed May 14 21:01:24 EDT 2003

At 03:56 PM 5/14/2003 -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
>
>looks like you're missing some QT libraries...   or (as I did) don't
>have the QTDIR environment variable set properly:
>
>export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.1
>
>(I think that's what it is - you should double-check that path)

Hi Chris... This shouldn't be it but let me double check.  I downloaded and
compiled QT-3.1.2...

my QTDIR is defined as "QTDIR=/usr/local/qt" which is where the latest rev
lives

Weird...

>but since you're running redhat 9, why not just download the rpm's?
>
>http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/
>
>Axel has done a great job with things, and he and I will be finishing up
>rpms for the other modules soon (though once you get mythtv and its deps
>in, the other stuff compiles pretty easily).

I would, but to be honest I have a PVR 250 card and it isn't supported
until the .9 release.  I was having build issues with the CVS of .9 so I
thought I'd back up and try and get .8 working to get the evironment
roughly "right" and then try .9 again.

So it looks like it is a QT related issue?  is there something I can run
locate against to try and find the file that is "missing"?

Thanks!/

-Jeff