[mythtv-users] Re:TV-tuner signal interference problem

Alex Petkov ap154036 at selway.umt.edu
Wed May 14 14:38:34 EDT 2003

I finally got a new mainboard.

I replaced it, the video noise dissapeared, picture quality is back to normal.
So the capacitors on my Slot 1 BH6 motherboard were the culprit.

The problem now is that my linux HDD appears to be really slow (10G Western
Digital, ext3 on it). The whole OS is kinda slow to respond. My FAT32 drive
(where i record) reports approx 34 MB/sec drive reads, while my Linux disk
reports approx 13 MB/sec. DMA enabled on both. I also have gbuffers=16.

Hmmm, gotta look into it.

At least I'm back to being a Myth user. 2 painfull weeks without Myth
finally over!!!

Alex