[mythtv-users] Crappy looking fonts when run from autologin/.xinitrc, beautiful fonts when run from KDM/terminal session

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed May 14 15:38:10 EDT 2003

> Can you post the MythSession?  I've created one, configured gdm to
> autologin the "mythtv" user; blackbox starts, but mythfrontend
> doesn't come up.  I've moved my .xinitrc out of the way for now.

********** BEGIN File /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/MythTv ******
#!/bin/bash

# Start the window manager first
/usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm2 &

# We're using LIRC
/usr/local/bin/irxevent &

# Disable DPMS & screensaver
xset -dpms s off s noblank s noexpose

# This is just for me, so I can use my wife's
# iBook as a wireless keyboard using osx2x :-)
xhost +

# Used to have some problems where mythfrontend would hang/die
# if it started too quickly -- I think it was device permissions, now fixed.
# Should remove this.
sleep 5

# Startup mythfrontend, redirect stdou & stderr to a logfile
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend 2>&1 > ${HOME}/.mythtv/mythfrontend.log

# If mythfrontend dies, kill irxevent.
# Session will exit, gdm will auto login again
killall irxevent

********** END File /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/MythTv ******

-JAC