[mythtv-users] Installation database problems

John Doll john at swiftrunning.com
Wed May 14 15:00:39 EDT 2003

the "host" field in the user table of mysql dictates where a user is allowed
to connect form.

If you want to be able to connect from any machine put a '%' in the host
field for the users that you want to connect as.

When you run a mysql command you can specify on the command line what
user/pass to connect to the DB as. You don't actually have to run the
command AS root.

mysql -U root -P <your pass> .........

-John