[mythtv-users] Installation database problems

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed May 14 20:07:59 EDT 2003

softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net wrote:

>>Unable to open database:
>>Driver error was:
>>QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
>>Database error was:
>>Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)
>>

>Any guesses for what I might need to do to start using mythtv?

Did you set up the database, if the RPMs didn't do that for you?
usually, that's as easy as
mysql < mc.sql
or
mysql -uroot -pyourpassword < /usr/whatever/mc.sql

If you already did that, then the access rights for user mythtv are not
set up properly. A look in /var/log/mysql.-log might help, as well as
reading the MySQL docs about giving user rights.