[mythtv-users] Installation database problems

softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net
Wed May 14 13:54:09 EDT 2003

OK...I'm having a hard time installing mythtv...probably given my lack of
experience with Linux more than anything else...

I run Mandrake 9.1 and I used the RPMS from the site that I found a link
to from the mythtv site...my current problem seems to be that I can't get
it to work. :-)

I presume after installing, I'm supposed to run mythtvsetup

That stops with the following error:

> Unable to open database:
> Driver error was:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
> Database error was:
> Access denied for user: 'mythtv at localhost' (Using password: YES)

Any guesses for what I might need to do to start using mythtv?

Scott Rollins
softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net