[mythtv-users] feature request

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue May 13 22:47:33 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 09:27 pm, Pete Hartman wrote:
> At 12:28 PM 5/13/03 -0400, Isaac wrote:
> >And finally, I really don't take too kindly to people telling me what my
> >software should or should not do or what I should or should not be working
> > on in my free time.  You'll notice there was no mention of anyone
> > submitting a patch.
>
> It kind of disturbs me to see you taking a feature request as "people
> telling you what your software should do".  It seems to me that if you
> don't want feedback or requests, you'd have been better off keeping your
> project for yourself.

If someone says 'it should do X', that is not a feature request.  That's
telling me that I should make it do X.  Someone saying 'Could you please make
it do X', however, is a feature request.  See, there's the whole "request"
part of it that's missing from the first statement, and I consider that to be
fairly integral to the whole "feature request" concept.

Isaac