[mythtv-users] All in Wonder Remote and Mute

Jason Schloer schloer.jason at tangoinc.com
Tue May 13 11:49:27 EDT 2003

I'm probably not the best to answer this as I just got my ati remote
yesterday, but I hacked something together real quick. It's truly a hack
as I don't totally understand the ins and outs of linux devices. I'd
like to send it to you to test out, but don't think I should paste an
attachemtnt to the board list. Essentially all I did was add a #define
for a new

#define KIND_FILTERED_SHIFT 8

then I copied the KIND_FILTERED handler around line 276 and made a new
handler for my new type. Then I put this in before the existing
input_event calls:

input_event(dev, EV_KEY, KEY_LEFTSHIFT, 1);

and this after:

input_event(dev, EV_KEY, KEY_LEFTSHIFT, 0);

essentially telling it to hold the shift keys while it sends the
backslash. I'm sure there's a better way to do it and I have no way to
test it right now as I'm at work, but let me know if it helps you.

Oh and of course you'll have to change the existing entry in the
ati_remote_translation_table to look like this

            {KIND_FILTERED_SHIFT, 0xcf, 0x0a, EV_KEY, KEY_BACKSLASH, 1},

Again let me know if this works at all. It definitely compiles, but I
have no clue if it'll work.

 Question for you. My remote works perfectly most of the time, but every
once in a while it'll seem to stop responding. I can use the keyboard
and change the channels, but the remote does nothing. And sometimes it
actually will respond but a long time after I actually hit the button.
Just wondering if you experience the same thing.

Jason Schloer

Tango Enterprises, Inc.

11150 Sunset Hills Rd., #250

Reston, VA 20190