[mythtv-users] Re:PVR-250/350 and MiniITX?

Jamison Wilde jamison_wilde at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 06:57:17 EDT 2003

Sorry 'bout the delay in responding...

I am using the g200 TV OUT  currently, but I may try
to switch to the onboard tv out now that the drivers
are out.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.  As far
as my ME6000 running XP, TV out looks fine running at
720x480(on an HDTV with progressive scan  ;-)

As far as heat/power/etc.:  I am getting a Shuttle PH4
Heat Pipe (arrives tomorrow) to use instead of the
zalman flower.  I won't be using the fan, and what's
kinda cool is that with the Morex 2699 case, the fins
attached to the heat pipe will be external to the
case(after nipping out a bit of the case for the heat
pipes).  Again, I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Having to use silver thermal *adhesive* though, so no
warranty.  Additional physical load support for the
heatsink using the chipset holes to rig a brace.

Since the only real noise is from the CPU fan, I'm not
worried about opening the case up, even if I had done
the zalman.  The two mini fans in the back of the
morex case are pretty much optional, especially with a
5400 drive.

The Nehemiah is supposedly even better with heat than
the Ezra-T.  (SilentPcReview's info.)  Supposedly 3
watts less at load for the 1Ghz version: 18->15watts.
I'll run lm_sensors next chance I get, since I'm in
the middle of some upgrades... For some reason I
thought I had read that it didn't have built in
support (or more accurately that the sensors weren't
there), but I guess I was wrong.  Coulda been about a
different Epia version.