[mythtv-users] Opinions on quiet, capable MicroATX motherboards?

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Mon May 12 23:35:58 EDT 2003

I currently have a VIA EPIA M9000 with an ATI TV Wonder VE. It works ok
and has proved out the concept. I'm ready to move on to something a
little better. I'm considering the M10000 and I'm wondering what
anyone's experience doing software encoding with this Mobo are? (They're
pretty new, so maybe nobody's using this combo?)

Barring that, what other mobo's will fit in a MicroATX case w/200 watt
power supply and be able to do medium res livetv, plus record / playback
at 352 x 480 MPEG4? I know that I could couple the above motherboard
with a PVR-250, but I'm $$ constrained at the moment. Thanks for any
feedback.

...Kevin