[mythtv-users] Selecting video output driver?

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Sun May 11 17:45:43 EDT 2003

In all my efforts to find out what was causing my jacked-up XV output
problem,  I tried using mplayer to see what the different "-vo" options
looked like.

The "xv" and "sdl"  drivers gave me the exact same ugly-looking image,
but only when in fullscreen.
The "xll" driver wouldn't stretch the image to fullscreen.. (I'm
guessing this is expected behavior)
The "gl" and "gl2" drivers gave me a MUCH better image, as I would
expect to have with xv, but I am restricted to fullscreen only.
The "dga" driver goes fatal on me because of this error: "vo_dga:
Framebuffer mapping failed!!!"
The "directfb" driver works great, looks pretty clean to me. (also works
with fbconsole which is pretty damn cool)

So if I wanted to just use gl, gl2, or directfb for MythTV, could I do
this???  It would be REALLY awesome if one could run the whole suite of
mythtv using directfb, but I realize this may be hard.

At the very least, is there a way to specify which video output driver
MythTV  uses???