[mythtv-users] ATI AIW 7500(Tuner)

Mark Jacob mjacob1 at san.rr.com
Sun May 11 14:07:45 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have scanned the lists and found very little regarding using the ATI
AIW 7500 Tuner for MythTV, however there is quite a bit on getting
TV-OUT working. What I am encountering is the segfault while running the
MythTV setup problem that someone posted a while back. Xawtv and the
Gatos AVView programs both work, and flip channels like a dream. Has
ANYONE been able to get the ATI AIW 7500 as a tuner for MythTV?!? If so,
what did you have to do to get it up and running? I know that I'd have a
lot less troubles with a bt848 or pvr250, but all my PCI slots are
filled so adding another card isn't an option.

Here is my setup for the curious:

Dual P3 650, Asus P2B-D mobo, w/ 1 GB RAM
3 x Seagate 18 GB Cheetahs(SCSI) + 1 x 160GB Maxtor(IDE)
ATI AIW 7500
Creative SB Live!
Redhat 9
XFree86 4.2-devel