[mythtv-users] mythmusic slowness/crashing

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Sun May 11 16:17:29 EDT 2003

Hi,
  I'm seem to remember you mentioning you had chosen Redhat 9?  If so,
I'd recommend ripping it out and trying Mandrake 9.1.  I too tried 9 and
had the same problem -- I searched through the archives and found a
posting by someone else (sorry, don't remember who) who said something
about Redhat 9 using a new threads library -- it seems that (at least
for now) Redhat 9 isn't a good choice.
...dave

ps  A local vendor sold me the Asus DVD-E616 several months ago, I assume
    they can still get them.  The company name is Pyrinex (614-552-1055),
    they are located in Gahanna (suburb of Columbus), OH.  I didn't see
    these on their website (www.pyrinex.com), but they can usually get
    just about anything in.  :-)