[mythtv-users] mythmusic slowness/crashing

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun May 11 01:29:04 EDT 2003

ok, now that I finally got it compiled, I've been playing with it.

First, I decided to not follow the rules (mainly to double-check about
the problem another user had with his 30 gigs of music) and import the
16k files I have on an nfs partition.  It worked, though things (loading
mythmusic, loading the music selector) ran quite slowly after that.

I selected a few songs, and then went to play them.  Things seemed fine,
but the counter/progress stopped counting after a few seconds (varied),
and no key controls would work, either (music kept going, though).
Hitting esc a few times eventually got it to back out, though
occasionally this wouldn't work and I'd have to kill X.  I've tried
various combinations of options while playing, but nothing works.  If I
try to ff, rw, edit playlist, etc it just prompts the freezing that much
sooner.  enabling the visualizer worked, but it also froze after a
couple of seconds (music continued)...

Anyway, I thought this might have to do with the network, so I copied a
few albums (73 tracks, according to the database) to a local dir and
imported them (after emptying the database of the network ones and
changing mythmusic's config path), but the problems persist.

So, there're my findings.   I'll help out where I can with debugging,
etc.

-Chris