[mythtv-users] suggested hardware?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat May 10 13:46:20 EDT 2003

> I'm running mine with a 2.0 Ghz p4 celeron....   Though after some
> slow/weird performance in Myth, I think I may upgrade to a 2.4 p4...

yup, a faster proc would definitely help.  though so would a hauppage
pvr-250.. heh.

anyway, I also wanted to mention the one major drawback of the pundit is
that it only has ONE IDE channel...  This means that even if you put an
ATA-100 hard drive in (the board supports up to ATA-133), if you add an
ATA-33 cdrw (or dvd or whatever), your hard drive will also run at
ATA-33.  After unplugging my cdrw this morning, myth's performance got
noticeably better.  On the bright side, many dvd drives are ATA-66 (asus
even makes an ATA-100 one, though I can't seem to find it for sale in
the US), and I think that most dvd-cdrw drives are (though pricey).
Just be warned.

-Chris