[mythtv-users] s-video over cat 5

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 23:29:28 EDT 2003

--- David Colon <dcolon at dcolon.org> wrote:

> ATTACHMENT part TEXT application/pgp x-action=sign;
format=text

Dave,

  Here's one solution:

  http://www.hometech.com/video/svideo.html

This is S-Video to BNC and back to S-Video.  That runs
to the BNC wall connectors.  Behind the twin
connectors,
I put two Quad-Shielded RG6 cable.  Ran it about 120
feet.  Then reversed it back to S-Video.

While the house was under construction,  I connected
two 60 Ft S-video cables together to see what the
reception would be like.  Wasn't good.  This solution
works well.  No signal drop-off that I can see.

    Mark