[mythtv-users] better tv-out cards

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu May 8 12:29:48 EDT 2003

At 11:34 AM 5/8/2003 -0600, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:
[...]
>I did and no longer do.  G400 XVideo TVOut.  In fact, I had xine playing
>back DVDs full speed on that TVOut.  I pulled that machine apart long ago
>(year and a half) so I no lponger have the configuration, but I do not
>remember having to jump through and big hoops.

Too bad the details are gone. Even though these cards are (or seem to be)
quite expensive compared to nVidia, it would be nice to have a real
alternative ... especially if it used an Open Source driver.

Do you remember *anything* about the setup that might help? For example,
did you use the mga driver from XFree86 or the binary one from Matrox? Did
you use a framebuffer in the kernel, or any other special kernel-compile
options? Any special Modeline or Options settings in XF86Config-4?