[mythtv-users] Can I use MythTV for this?

Mark Levitt mark.levitt at ntlworld.com
Thu May 8 18:43:44 EDT 2003

> It depends on how "automatic" you want the recording to be. If you are
> willing to pre-schedule recording yourself (via crond, for example), then
> there are alternatives that will record directly to the DivX format. Look

Yeah, that's why I thought MythTV might be the solution. I actually *don't*
want to manually schedule recordings. I can do that with my VCR, but I always
forget.

So, I want to be able to say "always record ER" and then have it do it.

I actually don't mind if I have to manually do the conversion from whatever
format MythTV uses to a Divx AVI.

One other thing, can MythTV run without a GUI? I mean, obviously, the initial
configuration and picking of shows to record needs to be done in a GUI, but
once that's done, is it possible to quit X and not have the GUI running? Or
does it need the GUI to run?

Mark Levitt - Senior Technical Author
Tel. +44 (0)208 875 9500 x750
Fax. +44 (0)208 877 6209