[mythtv-users] Permissions on devices?

Joe Schmidt joe_schmidt at nospammail.net
Thu May 8 02:59:36 EDT 2003

Thanks for the reply! I'm using devfs, so maybe that handles symbolic
links in /dev a bit differently. *shrug*

I now receive the following errors flooded through my screen when I try
to watch live TV.

only read -1 from 4096 bytes from '/dev/dsp'
read audio: File descriptor in bad state
ran out of free AUDIO buffers :-(

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I messed up installing ALSA
somehow? I followed the instructions to the letter (I think..)

Thanks for the continued help from everyone. :-)