[mythtv-users] Day Dream MythTV P2P Network

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Wed May 7 14:33:45 EDT 2003

Cedar McKay said:
> Completely uninteresting to me. The bandwith requirements are too much
> and I don't like the idea of exposing the project to legal risk.

Totally agree.  The thought *IS* a good one, but transfering 1GB+ is a
killer.

> believe that linux people have a underserved reputation as pirates

I don't know about that...linux people use linux apps...and most of those
fall under GPL.  Pirating GPL software is kinda pointless ;)

> add on top of that the broad appeal myth could have and I think it is
> possible that some big powerful companies would come sniffing around
> trying to find something illegal about what we do. I think if we stick
> to exercising our fair use right to time-shift content, and stay away
> from anything fishy we would be able to withstand such scrutiny. The
> last thing we need is to see Isaac hauled to court by the TV industry.

Well, if it's only Isaac being hauled away <g>.  Just kidding Isaac!  But
Cedar brings up a good point.  With MythTV getting as strong as it is, we
really need to be careful that we don't tred in illegal waters.

Jeremy