[mythtv-users] Day Dream MythTV P2P Network

Calvin Harrigan calvinharrigan at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 16:53:06 EDT 2003

I too have thought of a similar idea.  After spending many hours and $$ on
mythtv it would suck not to have a program listing.

<These are all North American based thoughts>

The P2P network could be populated with something along the lines of  a
single file per day per network per timezone.
I can see where local stations might be a problem, but the generic network
listing might be enough.
Using a zipcode would make things a bit more complex.
So an alternate "mythfilldatabase" might peruse the p2p network filling in
the database using files it has found that meets the criteria.

0507200300090001.tgz

let's pretend:
 0009 is HBO
 0001 is eastern standard time.

These numbers were pulled out of thin air of course.

Forgive the mailed brainstorm.

Calvin...