[mythtv-users] suggested hardware?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed May 7 13:48:15 EDT 2003

> Just curious have you used any of the linux drivers supplied by Asus?

you pretty much have to use their NIC driver (it's on the cd that comes
with the system, or the same version is burried in a 15M .zip file you
can get from their website).  It's pretty painless - just `make;make
install` and then add an alias to eth0 in modules.conf.  Haven't tested
speeds yet, but I assume they'll be adequate for mounting my nfs music
volume and playing ogg's.

They have a video driver, but no documentation for it.  the "sis" driver
in XFree86 4.3 works great with the card, and I'd much rather use that
one, anyway.  (redhat didn't auto-detect the card, but it's easy enough
to tweak XF86Config)

Sound worked just fine, so I haven't touched that one.