[mythtv-users] s-video over cat 5

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 21:52:49 EDT 2003

Hi,

  When I built my house I put all of the electronics
( DSS, Receiver, DVD, etc ) in a central closet.
Research at the time ( 5 years ago ) put a 70 foot
limit on an S-Video cable.  My longest run was 120
feet.  I found some adapters that would take the
S-Video and split the signals into two Quad-shielded
co-ax.  Ran the two lines of co-ax 120 feet,  then
used another adapter to combine them back into
S-Video.
Works great!

  If someone needs a source for these adaptors,  I
think I have a bookmark on my home system ( I'm out
of town this week ). Email me directly and I send
you a link when I get home this weekend.

    Mike

    Mark