[mythtv-users] Could it be a problem with xv ??

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Tue May 6 11:53:07 EDT 2003

Ray Olszewski wrote:

> I don't know whether you will be able to get help here or not. I do
> know you won't be able to get help anywhere without providing those
> details. xv implementations are X-server specific, so any problem is
> most likely tied to your particular server/card combo.

Good point.. I keep forgetting people don't have telepathy :-)

Software:
  Gentoo linux
  2.4.2 kernel w/ bytesex.org v4l patches, among others
  XFree86 4.3.0-r1
  xv 3.10
  nvidia driver 1.0.4363

Hardware:
  ASUS A7v333 mobo
  AthlonXP 1800+
  GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x
  Using DVI output to Dell 1900fp

I'm beginning to wonder if it's my kernel.. I'm using a patched version
of the kernel from gentoo, which provides performance enhancing features
(like low latency scheduling, etc).. however I had replace the v4l
sources in this because their patches for v4l were out of date.