[mythtv-users] DVB-S support and mythtv

jbeuree at rogers.com jbeuree at rogers.com
Tue May 6 11:42:46 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've recently started using myth with a standard tuner card and cable tv. The current version of myth is quite impressive. I'm looking at trying out myth with a satellite (Bell Expressvu here in Canada) and am looking for some suggestions and opinions on DVB cards.

>From what I can tell, the 'full' DVB cards include hardware decoding and tv out. This doesn't appear to be useful for myth, as it has its own output for the OSD and other features. As such, the 'low budget' cards would probably be better. Does anyone know of any other drawbacks with these? The Hauppauge WinTV Nova looks like a reasonable choice to me.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of when specifically considering these cards for myth? I've already got an ATI remote, so I don't need a card that includes that.

Cheers,
Jerry

1