[mythtv-users] What are you using myth for?

Vegard Vesterheim Vegard.Vesterheim at uninett.no
Mon May 5 21:59:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:20:09 -0400 (EDT) josephc <josephc at etards.net> wrote:

> I have my MythTV setup in my living room connected to my TV. I use it
> for TiVo like functions and for watching movies I have stored on my server
> upstairs.
>
> In the process of getting my rig up and working, I subscribed to this
> mailing list so I could see what issues others were having and see if
> their
> solutions could help me.
>
> But I've noticed that some people have pretty exotic setups and I
> would be fasciated to hear more about them. I'm curoious to hear what
> people have done to take their MythTV systems beyond just TiVo like stuff.

Phone integration is an idea I have tinkered with. As a simple start,
I have created a mythtv menu entry that launches the gvbox
application. Gvbox is a graphical interface to the vboxd daemon. A
suitable lirc configuration for gvbox allows me to listen to, and
administer, recorded messages with the TV remote.  A more elegant
approach would be to reimplement the GUI part using mythtv libraries.

--
Vegard Vesterheim		: Phone: +47 73 55 79 12
UNINETT				: Fax:   +47 73 55 79 01
N-7465 Trondheim, NORWAY	: Email: Vegard.Vesterheim at uninett.no