[mythtv-users] ntsc video out

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Mon May 5 01:52:24 EDT 2003

Chris Palmer wrote:

>what card are you using?  nvtv doesn't support all the nvidia
>cards, yet (I can't use it).

nvtv did seem to work, so i guess i lucked out there.

>Here's the Device and Screen sections I use (which forces NTSC-M)

i finally took the plunge and downloaded the nvidia driver from their
website, i had really hoped to be able to just stick with the built-in X
stuff, but oh well.

it compiled and installed remarkably easy, and i thought 'wow, something
went smoothly here, pretty cool'.  yeah, right.  after figuring out i
needed to load a kernel module first, i can get X loading, but it
doesn't work, it just hangs the system at some point i the startup (i
know the config is ok, starting with only the monitor activated is
fine).  i was getting further with the regular nv driver and nvtv.  i
guess i'm going to forget about trying to get linux working on a tv and
just continue working on the configurable key bindings.  oh well, it was
a nice idea.

thanks,

    CraigL->Thx();