[mythtv-users] how long should a daily database update take?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun May 4 23:45:25 EDT 2003

15-20 minutes sounds about right to me, depending on how fast your 'net
connection is.  Under optimal conditions you might get it faster.  Keep in
mind that your grabbing a week's worth of program data when you run
mythfilldatabase.  Also, Zap2It's cleartext XML listings are notoriously
slow; too bad Gist.com had to shut down their Gzip'ed feed!

BTW, I also have a split channel (EWTN/Hallmark) and other than XMLTV spitting
out some messages about removing duplicate entries, I've had no problems.

-Joe C.