[mythtv-users] Remote mythfrontend displays no video

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Sun May 4 15:12:54 EDT 2003

On Saturday 03 May 2003 04:05 pm, Bruce Markey wrote:
> This patch is a workaround that prevents WriteBlock from
> returning until the write queue is below a threshold. I'm
> still trying to find the exact cause of the file header not
> being read correctly before applying a fix for the specific
> problem.
>
> Please let me know if this patch fixes your problem.

Does reverting to the old code fix things for you?  I just replaced it because
bytesToWrite() was always 0 for me after the flush, so I figured it was silly
to have the loop there in the first place..  Could always replace it with
something like:

  while (socket->bytesToWrite() > 0)
  {
      socket->flush();
      if (socket->bytesToWrite() > 0)
         usleep(1000);
  }

Really, though, the QSocket stuff should be replaced with normal sockets for
the mass data transfer connections, at least..  It's kind of nice to have the
Qt callbacks for the communication protocol, but that's not really needed for
sending video around.  Also wouldn't have to invoke the global qApp lock,
it'd allow easier mods to use unix domain sockets instead of tcp for local
transfers, etc.

Isaac