[mythtv-users] Problem running initial MythTV setup

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Sat May 3 12:51:34 EDT 2003

I have compiled MythTV and followed all the steps in the documentation
and everything seemed to go just fine. However, when I got to the
"setup" stage for the backend, running ./setup produced:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded

What is the QMYSQL3 driver? The database seems fine, I can run mysql and
see the mythtv database and all the tables that have been created. Does
anyone know what is wrong?

TIA