[mythtv-users] Remote mythfrontend displays no video

David Won phlegm at rogers.com
Fri May 2 22:50:27 EDT 2003

Hey all. I have a problem now. Everything was working fine but now it
doesn't. I've been updating the CVS and I also upgraded my laptop to RH
9/ I'm not sure which one caused the problem. I'm running mythback on
the main PC and everything works great. The problem is when I try to run
the frontend on my laptop. It used to work fine but now whenever I try
to play something I don't get the video. iptraf shows lots of data being
transferred but I just see the movie selection screen. The only way to
get out is to kill it which usually kills the backend. Any ideas?

I tried running gdb mythbackend and frontend but didn't get much/ Not
sure if I'm doing it right.

here is the output anyways.
gdb mythbackend
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2.1-4)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/mythbackend
(no debugging symbols found)...[New Thread 16384 (LWP 5467)]
Starting up as the master server.
DB Error (getstartchan):
Query was:
SELECT if(startchan!='', startchan, '3') FROM capturecard,cardinput
WHERE inputname = "Television" AND capturecard.cardid = 1 AND
capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid;
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Unknown column 'startchan' in 'field list'
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
DB Error (RetrieveInputChannels):
Query was:
SELECT inputname, trim(externalcommand), if(tunechan='', 'Undefined',
tunechan), if(startchan, startchan, '') FROM capturecard, cardinput
WHERE capturecard.cardid = 1 AND capturecard.cardid = cardinput.cardid;
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Unknown column 'tunechan' in 'field list'
[New Thread 32769 (LWP 5479)]
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 5480)]
[New Thread 32771 (LWP 5481)]
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
[New Thread 49156 (LWP 5482)]
[...]
[New Thread 65541 (LWP 5483)]
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
[New Thread 81926 (LWP 5484)]
[New Thread 98311 (LWP 5485)]
[New Thread 114696 (LWP 5486)]
[New Thread 131081 (LWP 5487)]
2003-05-02 21:40:15 adding: islapl34.hcm.am.honda.com as a player 1
2003-05-02 21:40:42 adding: islapl34.hcm.am.honda.com as a player 0
2003-05-02 21:40:42 adding: islapl34.hcm.am.honda.com as a remote file
transfer
[New Thread 147466 (LWP 5490)]

[Switching to Thread 147466 (LWP 5490)]
0x420b0226 in nanosleep () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
(gdb) Quit
(gdb) Quit
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y