[mythtv-users] Ideal Setup

josephc josephc at etards.net
Thu May 1 11:32:55 EDT 2003

Once I gave up on my Radeon 7500 and started over, I had a seemless setup

My hardware

Shuttle SS51G
P4 1.6
256 MB RAM
GeForce FX 5200 Video Card
Haupaage WinTV

I also used the RF remote from the ATI video card

And I used RH 8 for my OS

Followed the instructions verbatum. Setup the backend and frontend on the
same box. Everything works great.

The only thing I do a little out of th ordinary is I have my live TV to
the local hard drive, and recordings are saved to an SMB share mounted
from my XP machine. While SMB is not as fast as NFS, it works fine.

-josephc