[mythtv-users] patching OS X mplayer

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Sat Mar 29 23:32:26 UTC 2003

I tried your patch with

patch -p1 < myp

and got this:
[homer:~/Desktop/myth/MC] cedar% patch -p1 < myp missing header for
unified diff at line 8 of patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|===================================================================
|RCS file: /var/lib/cvs/MC/Makefile,v
|retrieving revision 1.22
|diff -u -p -r1.22 Makefile
|--- Makefile   21 Mar 2003 17:05:37 -0000      1.22
|+++ Makefile   29 Mar 2003 19:04:11 -0000
File to patch:

How exactly do you apply your patch starting with a vanilla MC
directory?

thanks,

Cedar