[mythtv-users] daft newbie questions :-)

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Sat Mar 29 22:50:20 UTC 2003

Chris Palmer(mythtv at zencow.com)@2003.03.29 13:54:54 +0000:
> Mike...
>
>> I don't have first-hand experience with it, since I never installed
>> the 4191 driver, but some folks on the list have reported performance
>> problems.  I did a quick look thru the list archive and found this
>> from about a week ago.  This link gets you into the relevant part of
>> the thread where folks mention the issue:

FWIW^2, I am using the 4191 drivers.  It seems that XV support was improved
(I used to see ~35-40% X usage and now I see less than 10%).  2D support
is noticeably slower than it was under 3193 (but not unacceptable for Myth).
I did have to (manually) turn on the Render Accelleration and AGP support
for 4191 (no GART here), so that might be why I was seeing so much processor
earlier....

-Thor Johnson